BCAAT is a fact-based, data driven, all-volunteer organization with these goals:
- Bring the Loudon County area into full compliance with federal clean air standards.
- Influence local and state governments to take action to reduce air pollution.
- Reduce risk of disease from poor air quality through actions to create a healthier environment.
- Generate public support for action that will improve our air quality.
- Support responsible economic development that does not degrade air quality.
- Build public awareness of air-quality facts about Loudon County and the surrounding area.
The organization’s approach is to:
- Build public awareness through educational opportunities.
- Be the citizen’s voice for clean air in our area.
- Interact with government, business, and community organizations in a responsible, fact-based manner.
- Promote the adoption of stronger air quality standards and regulations by the state through legal efforts
- Convince local industry to install “appropriate emission controls” to reduce their toxic pollution and odors dramatically.
- Develop an understanding among Loudon County citizen’s that our pollution problems can be attacked at the local level.
BCAAT is an IRS recognized non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization, and is supported entirely by private donation. Donations are deductible to the extent allowed by law.